Gobi Besan Ka Chilla ( Cheela / Chila / Puda / Pancake )
MEANING: Gobi (Cauliflower) Besan (Gram Flour) Chilla ( Cheela / Chila / Puda / Pancake )
This special recipe comes from both part of the family. My mom n mom-in-law both of them are great cook and always have innovative ideas to how to create new dish and make it well done. My mom generally makes it with mixed onions and is well-known as Puda in Gujarat. Whereas on my in-laws side they prepare it by adding various vegetables and known as Chilla in UP.
Gobi ka Chila can be eaten any time of day as breakfast or brunch or lunch or eve snack or dinner. It’s not time-consuming and very easy to prepare. One great thing about this recipe is you can mix any other type of vegetable instead of Gobi based on your choice of vegetables like (you can replace Gobi by onions, tomatoes, carrot, beans, potatoes, radish (mooli), spinach, methi n so on.)
- Gram Flour ( Besan ) – 2 cups
- Grated Cauliflower ( Gobi ) – 1 OR any other vegetable of ur choice
- Green Chillies – 2/3 (depending on spice level)
- Salt – (as per taste)
- Cumin/Dhania Poweder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp ( as per taste)
- Olive Oil for greasing
- Cilantro ( Coriander / Dhania Patta ) – ½ cup chopped
- Hing (Asafoetida) – 1 pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Mix 1 cup water and 2 cups of besan. Mix it well until you don’t see any lumps in it.
- Add all the other ingredients except Gobi and Oil and mix it well.
- Now add Gobi or any other vegetable of your choice to the besan mixture and mix it well.
- Check the consistency if you think it’s too thick and it will be difficult to spread it on pan than add few tbsp of water to liquidify the mixture.
- Now heat the non-stick pan and grease it with few drops of oil.
- Now spread the mixture with the help of ladle over the pan and spread it evenly.
- Wait for few seconds or until the chila leaves it sides. Pour few drop of oil along the side of the chila and cook on both the sides until its gets golden brown. Cover it if you think your chila is too thick. (By covering it will cook better from inside).
Serve with Meethi or Green chutney or Ketchup or Curd based on your preference.