Sunday to Sunday we make paratha’s at house. And out of many Mooli Paratha is my hubby’s most favorite paratha. He wants them well done as Mummyji’s style. This specific recipe straight comes from my Mother in-laws (Mummyji’s) kitchen. Follow the steps as below to get it right.
Ingredients for Dough:
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Water as per consistency (stiff dough)
- 1tbsp oil (In my version I have not used it but if you would like you can add it)
- Ajwain seeds
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 3 medium Mooli (Raddish) grated
- 1/2 tbsp Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander/Jeera powder
- 4 Green chillies, chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (Its optional if you want to maintain the mooli color than don’t add)
I have included all the steps with the image so you can relate with the picture posted.
- Peel the skin off from radish and grate it.Mix with salt and set it aside.
- After few minutes squeeze the excess water from the radish mixture thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter jeera, than add green chilli,ginger and fry well for few seconds.
- Add the squeezed radish to the mixture and also add all other ingredients for stuffing.
- Mix well and let it be on stove till all the moisture evaporates and the stuffing becomes dry on medium flame.(for 10-15mins)
- Once stuffing is ready, let is cool down. Below is the picture of the mixture.
** Hope you enjoy the layer paratha recipe from my mother in law’s kitchen **